Tropical Storm “Gaston” is churning in the Atlantic Ocean and growing very much more powerful as it moves toward the United States. Prevailing wind patterns seem to indicate the storm will strike the US east coast, but things are very uncertain right now.
Several computer models differ greatly on the projected course of the storm, with some models showing it turning north at Bermuda, then east out to sea, while others show it slamming directly into Florida or the Carolinas. There is even one model showing the storm crashing directly into New York City and New Jersey! That’s a lot of uncertainty.
What is certain is that Gaston is vast in size; pulling-in winds from as far as five-hundred miles to the south of the eye. It is doing this over the cooler waters of the deep Atlantic. As it approaches the continental United States, the waters will become very much warmer because they are not so deep, and warmth is what gives Hurricanes energy.
Folks along the eastern seaboard of the United States should watch this storm carefully; especially folks in the Southeastern US.
It is probably a good time for everyone to check their emergency supplies:
1) Non-perishable foods like canned meats, canned vegetables, dried rice, canned or dried beans, and such – enough for minimum 3 days for each person in your house. (10 days is better)
2) Fresh water – enough for 1 gallon, per person, per day for each individual in your house- minimum 3 days supply (10 days is better).
3) A way to cook food for yourselves if power is out. (Charcoal grill or propane grill)
5 Portable radio(s) to hear news broadcasts
6) Batteries for Flashlights and portable radios so you can hear news broadcasts.
7) Re-fill propane tank for grill or buy extra bag of charcoal for grill
8) Medications you may need if supply-lines are out for a week or so.
9) First Aid kit for scrapes, cuts, bruises.
10) GAS-UP ALL YOUR MOTOR VEHICLES AND KEEP THEM NEAR FULL UNTIL THE DANGER PASSES (Countless people wait until the storm hits before fueling-up, only to find gas stations without electric or sold-out of fuel. Don’t wait. Fuel up now and make it a point to keep your vehicle filled.)
From the National Hurricane Center:
000 WTNT32 KNHC 260244 TCPAT2 BULLETIN TROPICAL STORM GASTON ADVISORY NUMBER 14 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL072016 1100 PM AST THU AUG 25 2016 ...GASTON EXPECTED TO BECOME A HURRICANE AGAIN OVER THE WEEKEND... SUMMARY OF 1100 PM AST...0300 UTC...INFORMATION ----------------------------------------------- LOCATION...22.8N 46.4W ABOUT 1075 MI...1725 KM ENE OF THE LEEWARD ISLANDS ABOUT 1300 MI...2095 KM ESE OF BERMUDA MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...65 MPH...100 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 320 DEGREES AT 17 MPH...28 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...997 MB...29.44 INCHES WATCHES AND WARNINGS -------------------- There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect. DISCUSSION AND 48-HOUR OUTLOOK ------------------------------ At 1100 PM AST (0300 UTC), the center of Tropical Storm Gaston was located near latitude 22.8 North, longitude 46.4 West. Gaston is moving toward the northwest near 17 mph (28 km/h), and this general motion is expected to continue through Friday. A turn toward the west-northwest and a decrease in forward speed are expected by Saturday. Maximum sustained winds remain near 65 mph (100 km/h) with higher gusts. Little change in strength is expected tonight or Friday but re-strengthening is anticipated to begin Friday night, and Gaston is forecast to become a hurricane again on Saturday. Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 115 miles (185 km) from the center. The estimated minimum central pressure is 997 mb (29.44 inches). HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND ---------------------- None. NEXT ADVISORY ------------- Next complete advisory at 500 AM AST. $$ Forecaster Blake
The Lost Ways is one of those products that is designed with the main purpose of preparing you to survive all situations be it wars, natural calamities, famines or more. Along with this, it gives you the power to protect your loved ones as well as your valuables.This book gives you step wise extensive guide along with three golden lessons that helps your kids learn all the right things about survival. Interestingly, these golden rules that you come across in the book might even appeal to you as you read it. It is a full fledged guide with details of survival and how you fight unfavorable situations.Watch the video below to learn more: