Do you know any essential oil which is derived from the wood of a tree and is praised all around the world for maintaining physical and emotional well-being ? Well, cedarwood oil is one among those essential oils that are known for their sedating, calming, soothing, and relaxing effect on the mind and body. So, it is not a surprise why Cedar wood trees were mentioned most in the Bible, symbolizing a source of abundance, wisdom, and protection. These days, the essential oil of Cedar wood is widely used all across the globe for the production of numerous natural hair and skin care products. Read till the last to know what makes this oil so beneficial and how to use this oil for maintaining an overall physical and emotional well-being.
What Makes Cedar wood Essential Oil so Beneficial for Health?
Extracted from the woods of Cedar wood plant through the steam distillation process, cedar wood essential oil comprises a huge amount of naturally formulated alpha-cedrene, beta-cedrene, widdrol, cedrol, sesquiterpenes, and thujopsene – which are known to be very beneficial in maintaining an overall well-being. The essential oil of cedar wood benefits our nonphysical health as well. The sweet, refreshing, and relaxing aroma of cedar wood oil have a calming, and sedating effect on the nervous system, making the individuals confident even in the oddest situations.
Therapeutic Properties of Cedar Wood Oil:
Cedar wood essential is so beneficial because it comprises numerous therapeutic components and properties to the health of individuals. It comprises antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antiseborrheic, antispasmodic, astringent, fungicide, diuretic, and sedative properties which is proven to be so beneficial in alleviating varieties of health conditions that affect the mind and body. Let’s read to uncover the benefits of using cedar wood essential oil.
- Alleviates Stress
The essential oil of cedar wood has a calming and soothing effect on the mind and body. It’s refreshing, calming, and stimulating aroma calms down the mind and thereby helps in relieving the stress, tension, and anxiety.
How to use it?
- Take a few drops of cedar wood oil in your hand or in a hanky then place your hand or handkerchief over your nose and deeply inhale the fragrance for at least thirty seconds.
- You can also add a few drops of this aromatic essential oil in an ultrasonic humidifier or aroma diffuser. This pleasant aroma of this oil will help in creating relaxing, warm and inviting atmosphere in home or office.
- Treats Eczema & Acne
Due to amazing anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal property, Cedar wood oil is proven to be highly beneficial in reducing skin peeling, itchiness, redness, and inflammation caused due to acne breakout and eczema.
How to Use It?
- Add 2 to 3 drops of cedar wood oil in your skin lotion or a tablespoon of carrier oil (such as avocado, jojoba, almond, or coconut oil) and apply the blend over the affected area twice in a day to get glowing, radiant, and flawless skin.
- If you have oily skin, you can use it as a cleanser and toner. Add a few drops of cedar wood oil with your regular cleanser, skin lotion, or cream and apply this blend before you go to the bed every day to get glowing, nourished, and moisturized skin.
- Controls Hair Loss
Cedar wood essential oil is a proven boon for those struggling with hair fallout problems. Regular massage of hair with this oil stimulates the hair follicles and increases blood circulation in the scalp to promote long, strong, and bouncy hair.
How to Use It?
- Add 2 to 3 drops of cedar wood oil in a tablespoon of rosemary, lavender or thyme oil and massage your hair and scalp using this blend regularly to say goodbye to the problem of hair fall.
- You can also add a few drop of cedar wood oil in your shampoo or conditioner and apply this blend all over your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing with water. Repeat this process twice in a week to get stronger, shinier, silky, and bouncy hair.
- Reduces the Pain Associated with Arthritis
Joint pain, muscle soreness, and inflammation of joints and tissues which are some of the common symptoms of arthritis can be soothed easily through the regular use of cedar wood oil.
How to Use it?
- Take a few drops of Cedar wood oil and add it in a tablespoon of any carrier oil like coconut oil and massage it over the painful area to get rid of inflammation, joint stiffness, and muscle soreness.
- Natural Deodorizer
The sweet, comforting, and rejuvenating aroma of cedar wood oil has the utmost ability to bring a warm tone in any blend of perfumes or oil mixtures. Besides, its calming and stimulating aroma also keeps the individuals refreshed and rejuvenated throughout the day.
How to Use it?
- Take a few drops of cedar wood essential oil. Dilute it in the preferred carrier oil (jojoba or castor oil) and topically apply over your skin to keep yourself refresh and energetic all day long.
These are only a few benefits of using cedar wood oil. Essential oils are meant to be used solely to harness their therapeutic properties and with other essential or carrier oils to enjoy the most of their therapeutic nature. So what are you up to? Have a bottle of cedar wood essential oil today in your closet to enjoy the therapeutic gift of nature.