Hi readers! As preppers, we are taught to prepare for the unexpected. And because of this, we waste no time in stocking up supplies and pack our 72 hour bag for a possible bug our situation.
But contrary to popular belief, selecting the best go bag to carry is also crucial to our survival. It’s not about the space of the bag which allows you to carry a lot of stuff.
You may have a lot of things inside you bag, but can it guarantee your safety if it can also affect your speed and mobility?
And on the other hand, you can’t focus entirely on comfort as you need your essentials to endure the challenges ahead.
In the end, it’s all about balance and this can only be achieved by carefully choosing a bug out bag to purchase.
In this article, we are going to tackle the most important things that we are not told when buying your bug out bag from the fundamental elements of the bag to the questions we need to ask whenever we purchase a pack which we are going to carry in times of survival.
This article is created so you will be able to know what is not usually told in order for you to make the best out of the survival gear you are going to bring when the unforeseen happens.
Every Wise Buyer Knows That Not Everything Can Be Bought With Money:
Before we tackle the juicy part, let me assure you that all the things I’m going to share here are based on my personal knowledge as a retailer as some stores do not actually give what the customer needs.
They only give what they think the customer needs and that’s a big difference.
As buyers, you need to know to unknown. It’s not about the money because I want the customer to actually get your money’s worth with the item that they purchased not just to gain profit for my own sake.
So learn these tricks of the trade which are not usually told to average buyers here as I’m going to share some of the crucial elements you need to know whenever buying a bug out bag:
1. Bug out bags don’t come cheap – This is true. While I mentioned a while ago that not everything can be bought with money, the truth can’t be said with buying a bug out bag. Some might be fooled in buying a cheap backpack right away, but eventually this decision is not worth it as the quality of these low-priced bags are usually compromised. Let’s put it this way, the more features included, the more pricey it is. And it’s up to you to determine which of these features you can really use to get the bag that’s worth every penny.
2. The size of the bag matters – Most of us are led to think that the bigger the bag, the more useful it is. That’s why some preppers pick the biggest backpack they can find out there even if they all look stupid wearing it. The truth is, the size of the bag must be appropriate to your body as every individual have different body types. In picking a bug out bag, every prepper must look into this chart first so you can choose the bag that’s ideal to your body:
3. Color can be a factor in saving your life – Yeah, I know camouflage is in these days. In fact, it is so hyped that most preppers and outdoor enthusiasts opt for this colorway most of the time.
If you’re going to ask me, I think it’s not a better idea to have camo bug out bag especially if you’re living in the city because it gives non-preppers an idea that you’re a prepper.
And when it’s time to leave the city, they might see you as potential target as they might think you have a lot of food supply in your bag and hurt you as they grab your gear.
On the other hand, it’s also not wise to carry a colored bag if you’re living in the wilderness as you are only revealing your location to hostile forces in times of emergency when you should blend in to your surroundings.
In short, we should be mindful to the bag’s color and make sure it will be appropriate to wear according to your current location as well as the site you are heading into.
4. Bug out bags come in 3 different types – Most of us don’t know this but bug out bags are made according to gender and age (men, women, and kids) and that every type of bags are designed this way to ensure of the comfort and the correct posture once the bag is carried at the back of the torso.
5. The hip strap carries most of load – Another feature that we should carefully look at is the hip strap because it carries 80% of the bag’s load for most of the time. Make sure that they are well padded, sturdy, and has the ability to support the body correctly.
6. The weight of the bag is also a crucial aspect of consideration – See to it that the bag is not at all heavy before packing. An average guy can carry a bag that’s 25 pounds in weight while the women can carry up to 22 pounds.
7. The number of compartments must be able to meet your needs – Determine your individual requirements before purchasing a bug out bag so you can determine the number of compartments you are going to need. Moreover, other features of the bag must also be selected according to your requirements to avoid wasting money just because you bought a feature that is totally useless to you.
To help you more in choosing the right bug out bag to purchase, here’s a list of the possible questions you can ask the seller once you head to the store and choose the ideal bag to meet your needs:
1. Is it rain proof? It’s made of heavy duty materials?
2. Does it have a sternum clip?
3. Does it have MOLLE attachments?
4. Does it have a Camelbak or hydration bladder?
5. Is it comfortable enough to be carried in long trips?
Now that you are equipped with this unusual knowledge, it’s time for you to head to the store and get that bag for your survival.
Was this article helpful? Please let us know by leaving your comments here.
11 total views, 11 views today